Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Remind101

I have to take a moment to rave about a service I have been using with my students and their parents this year. At the beginning of the year I received the okay from the district and principal to try it out. Essentially, Remind101 is a program that allows you to send reminders to students and parents via text. It's safe since you never see their phone numbers, they can't see yours, and they can't text back. The night before every test or quiz I send out a reminder to study and sometimes a quick tip or hint. At conferences I explained it to parents who hadn't already signed up and received many positive comments from those who had already been participating. It's free, it's quick, and it's an easy reminder for parents and students. I highly encourage you to check it out and be on the cutting edge of technology at your school. 


No comments:

Post a Comment